Thursday, October 18, 2018

To the Vermont House

 I'm just glad that walls can't talk.

Actually I wish they could -- then you could tell everyone how great my dance skills are when no one is around.

We never did figure out a swanky nickname for you, huh? I think you meant so much to us that we couldn't encapsulate you in a single word.

You fell into our laps and the exact right time that we all needed.

It took you a couple months to really warm up to us. It's weird how that all started with the spark of an opening heart.

Honestly, I fell in love with you at first sight and you continued to grow on me ever since. Even with your awkward light switches, random steps, and sloping ceilings. You really were perfect for us.

You let us have our space. You let us come together. You let others have a home here too.

You've truly seen it all this past year. The good-bad-ugly-and just plain bizarre.

I think I'll remember you as the Healing House. I think we were all a bit broken when we started out or we broke in different places while we were with you. You allowed us to be safe and helped nurse us back to health.

For that I will always be grateful.

No matter what, it will always be Between Me & My Friends.











No comments:

Post a Comment